Gasket sealent with new water pump?

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 21:00:22 EST

Hey all,
I'm installing my new flowkooler water pump tomorrow that I got
from Speedtweaks (thanks Bernd!) and was wondering if and what
type of gasket sealent I should use? I checked the instructions
and they said use Permatex #80017; I only had time to run to
Wally's on the way home and they didn't have that number.
Anyone got any recommendations? What's odd is the FSM doesn't
talk about using any gasket sealent at all. 'preciate the input.

=====
Later,
JY
Fairborn, OH '98 CC 5.2L 5spd 4x4 w/prerunner bumper
Pics -- http://photos.yahoo.com/onebad4x4dak