RE: Gasket sealent with new water pump?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 01:52:53 EST

I normally use Ultra-Copper.

(No problem...you're welcome.) :)

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net] On Behalf Of Jason Yates
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 8:00 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Gasket sealent with new water pump?

Hey all,
I'm installing my new flowkooler water pump tomorrow that I got from
Speedtweaks (thanks Bernd!) and was wondering if and what type of gasket
sealent I should use? I checked the instructions and they said use
Permatex #80017; I only had time to run to Wally's on the way home and
they didn't have that number.
Anyone got any recommendations? What's odd is the FSM doesn't talk
about using any gasket sealent at all. 'preciate the input.

=====
Later,
JY
Fairborn, OH '98 CC 5.2L 5spd 4x4 w/prerunner bumper
Pics -- http://photos.yahoo.com/onebad4x4dak