next Gen wish list

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 21:53:59 EST

Here's my wish list for the next gen. Dakota-
  The body style would not become like the PowerWagon, but instead would
have a more sloped nose, windshield, with a taller cargo box that would
give it a tougher stance. The quad cab would sit a little higher than
the current 2x4 model, and the tires would be tall diameter 17's that
would acutally appear to fill the wheelwell. The sideview mirrors could
autoretract into the windshield cowl to disappear completely, or
telescope further outward for towing (you heard it here first!) The
paint would not chip or peel on the bumper, and would have a retro 60's
blacked-out hood with shaker option, dual exit exhaust, larger diameter
sway bars, and independent rear/4 link suspension with all wheel
anti-lock disc brakes and traction control and all wheel drive like the
Cyclone. The ride-height could be changed a-la Suburu by the flick of
a switch.
  The engine would be a twin-cam overhead valve hemi design 340 cid that
would put 300 hp at 5000 rpm to the rear tires and 350 ft/lbs of torque
at 2000 rpm. It would be shifted by an AutoStick on the floor, mated
with 6-speed electronic automatic transmission (with traction control
and all-wheel drive) Air conditioning would be standard, with WOT
cutout.
  The interior would have semi-bench buckets that were designed to feel
like a performance car bucket when you sat down, but appeared like a
bench seat. It would be weight sensitive and would adjust its firmness
depending on how it was programmed (yes, it's got a computer) and it
would be power even on the standard cab. The cabin would have tri-mode
ventilation on quad cabs, where the passenger/drivers controls are
separate, as well as separate rear climate control. Same goes for
radio, except only front and rear controls, but the head unit would hold
6 discs minimum, pump out a lot of watts, and also have a cassette deck,
and a subwoofer would be built into the airgap in the rear wall of the
cabin, designed by Bose, and be Acoustimass!
It would have a sliding sunroof, yet retain the mini console with temp,
trip, mpg etc and programmable buttons for garage opener, etc. Leather
options, included radio control steering wheel, autostick shifter, etc.
that would be an accent color.
  A final thought. Give me the Gen II two-tone that has the silver in
the middle, and color above and below it.
  I wish I could draw cause I'd have done an artist's rendering a long
time ago.
Patrick