Gauges

From: Kathy and/or Chris Carton (carton@madriver.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 19:49:56 EST

Speaking of gauges, I had a bad experience with Nu Image recently that I
wanted to pass on. This person had flame gauges on eBay back in
mid-August, advertised as "'94-'01 Dodge Ram/Dakota Flame Gauges" Since I
have a '96 (technically '95) I was all over these because you can't get
them without paying a fortune for them. Anyway, I got some, and emailed
the buyer stating the year and paid thru Paypal, again stating the year on
the transaction. A few weeks later I received them, the wrong ones of
course, for '97-'01. I emailed and was told that they don't actually make
gauges for that year, however if I sent those back, they would make me the
correct ones. So I sent them back, and as of today, still don't have
them. I emailed and got some vague replies, then nothing. I finally
contacted eBay, and they gave me a name and number which turned out to be
Nu Image. When I asked for the man whose name eBay had given as the
seller, I was told he was out, so they took a message to have him call me
back. Nothing. I called the next day and asked for the same man, and the
guy who answered the phone told me that no one by that name worked
there. I told him that was funny since I had called the day before for him
and was told he would be back soon. Then he asked me some info, and
claimed that he actually remembered something about this, but it was Friday
evening, could I call back Monday. Then later that night, the man that I
had been asking for all along called me, and said that I needed to call and
ask for another guy at this number he proceeded to give me. It turned out
to be the same number I had already called twice. So I called and left a
message for this new person to call me on Monday. Monday evening still no
call back. So I called again, got a receptionist, who of course said that
the guy I was asking for was out, could she take a message and have him
call me back. I told her that I had been doing that, but no one really
seemed to want to call me back. So she puts me thru to someone else, who
turns out to be the first guy I spoke to when I started this entire calling
fiasco. I told him everything that had transpired since our initial phone
call, dropped the name of the mystery man that worked there/didn't work,
waited on hold, and then was promised that a set of gauges was going to be
specially made and sent to me in 2-3 weeks. Bets anyone?

www.cruznlo.com