Re: Magnum Throttle Bodies

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 10:26:19 EST

At 09:12 PM 1/14/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I just wanted to let everyone know about my dealings with F & B and their
>throttle bodies. Back in December of 1999, I purchased a Stage One ported
>throttle body from them. It has been on my truck ever since and has always
>worked flawlessly. Recently, I developed an erratic idle problem and after a
>lot of diagnosis, I finally figured it out to be the throttle body. I wrote
>to Bruce of F & B and I was very surprised with a quick response stating to
>ship them the part and they would make it right. On top of that, I was
>promised a quick turnaround time. I know there has been a lot of discussion
>of whose throttle bodies are the best, but as far as customer service goes, F
>& B is got to be one of the best out there. I am sure they would review any
>claim case by case, but they certainly have made me a loyal customer.
>Wayne 98 Dakota, 5.2, 5 speed 12.79 @ 106.54

Same sentiments here. I think that I got F&B Stage 1 back in '98.
I may have been Bruce's first order from Canada ... maybe his only
one:-) Superb product and good service under trying circumstances
for Bruce.

BTW, does anyone know what kind/size bolts Bruce used? I just put the oem
tb back on for an upcoming clean air test and had to mangle one of them
as it was in there pretty well (used the stock bolts that I kept).

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG