Re: BRIGHT replacement headlights????

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 11:26:10 EST

Aaron,
    Sylvania (spelling?) makes a nice replacement bulb. If you have the
composites, which it sounds like you do since you mention just replacing the
bulb and not a sealed beam light (glass and all), there are two bulbs I would
recommend. The 9004XXVBP/UPP is an "extra vision" bulb. The high beam
remains the DOT 65 watt but the low beam gets bumped up from a 45 watt to a
55 watt filament. There is also a top of the line Sylvania that works great.
 I put a set in my Mom's Lincoln and it made a big difference. I forget the
part number, but they are like $25 each. They do have a coating on them to
project a whiter light. You can tell the difference between the extra vision
and the top of the line Sylvanias. I am waiting on the current bulbs that I
have to go out in both the Dakota and my wife's Corsica. IMHO they are worth
every penny of the extra money. Oh yeah, the extra vision bulbs run about
$11 each. The top of the line also gets the 55 watt low beam. HTH

The other Will

<< Anyone have any suggestions for a BRIGHT replacement headlight bulb? One
 of my is burned out on low beam. I've got a set of the "blue tint" lights
 in there now. I've regretted putting those in for a long time since they
 put out so little light. I need a set of good lights. Any suggestions on
 brands and/or where to purchase them would be great. By the way, they are
 for my 95....can't remember the bulb number right at the moment, but it's
 something like 9003 or 9002 I think.
 Thanks!
 --Aaron--
 95 DSRC 4x4 V6