RE: Drive shaft

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 12:57:04 EST

Hey Timan!

A question would be does your drive train make any "thump"ing noises as the
power is applied or removed from the wheels? If the U-joints are the source,
there will be play in them as the bearing has worn. Thus, the thumping as
the U-joint hits the metal. I had to replace mine once back a couple years
ago. They are cheap to replace and install by yourself.

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 255,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/DnuuSncssJujU