Re: aamco talked me out of shift kit!

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 17:07:39 EST

Punch,
    Just for future reference, do a web search about the legal lawsuits AAMco
has had in the past. I can't remember how many they have had in the past
years, but there have been many of them. Talk with people who have a
trans-go shift kit installed and see what they think of them. Trans shops
don't like shift kit installs as they don't get to make as much money doing
them as they do rebuilding the trans. I had a trans-go shift kit in my
Dakota, and it was great. The shifts were kind of harsh, but that is b/c I
went overboard with the plate drilling. But then again, I like the hard
shifts. Different strokes, different Folks. HTH

The other Will