RE: aamco talked me out of shift kit!

From: Kenneth M. Berntsen (kenneth@berntsen.cc)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 17:23:51 EST

That all depends on who the trany mechanic is. Never heard some one say
it would create excessive wear on the tranny. The shift kits usually
increase the pressure making it shift firmer thus reducing the wear on
the tranny. The guy I talked to told me auto trannys would last a lot
longer if we didn't try to make them give us smooth comfortable shifts.