Re: aamco talked me out of shift kit!

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 19:06:33 EST

In a message dated 1/16/02 5:04:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
2punch.crash2000@AHM.com writes:

<< called aamco, about installing a transgo shift kit, they said to stay away
 from them, as they put excessive wear on the tranny. also if I don't like
 the way it shifts it's a one time deal and very expensive to change back to
 stock!

 weird, never had a shop not want to make money from me! hmmm.... >>

I had a lot of trouble finding someone to do a shift kit. After installing
the Transgo kit, I know why. It's a major pain and it's pretty easy to screw
it up.

However, they are wrong about it being hard on the tranny. Good, hard shifts
are better for the tranny.

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com

THE BIONIC DODGE - 2000 Ram QC 1500 Sport, 408 Stroker - All Motor & Staying
That Way