4x4 - functioning or no?

From: Silver89 (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 21:06:19 EST

I'm still having 4x4 mode problems. Tonight in Chicago was the fist
decent accumulation of snow - about 3 or 4 inches. I went out to play in
it and the 4x4 indicator light keeps going off. I don't know what this
means. I'm not an experianced 4 wheeler. Can anyone tell me if this
means the transfercase is slipping out of 4wd??? I would put it into
4x4 HI and sometimes it would light up and sometimes it wouldn.t No
real pattern. And when it did light up it never stayed on very long.
Usually when I stopped accelorating is whenit went off. (someimes it
would go back on when I hit the gas again. I need help!