Re: Plugs and Tranny

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 14:20:58 EST

  I'm not too sure I agree with the statement below. Although you may not
be able to drain the entire amount of fluid from the tranny, I think you
still should change the filter. The machines (at least the one I saw in
action) simply hook up in the tranny lines and as your old fluid comes out,
it is replaced with new. The machine didn't really do anything that I saw
other than hold the fluid since the tranny itself was doing the job of
pushing the old fluid out and bringing the new fluid in.
  I'm not a tranny expert by any means, but I wouldn't think clean fluid
would matter if the filter is becoming clogged. I would take the time to do
it myself. It's not very difficult, and you can save some money at the same
time.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/