Re: Synthetic in the 45rfe Multispeed

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 21:01:36 EST

At 05:22 PM 1/18/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I keep reading the Amsoil's tranny fluid meets the ATF +4 criteria, but
>still don't know if it would require any type of friction modifier.
>
>Does anybody have some hard evidence as to the stability of this tranny
>with the synthetic?
>
>I know Chrysler trannys are notoriously fickle when it comes to fluid,
>but in the ohio winters, it shifts really hard and erratic until it gets
>up to temp.
>
>Thanks for the help Chris 01 SLT+, 4x4, 4.7 auto, 3.55, HD cooling

The Amsoil Universal ATF (meets or exceeds ATF+4 requirements)
does not need friction modifiers on the 42/44/46RE trannies. I've had
it in my tranny since the beginning of '00 and no problems on street or
strip. I can't speak for the 45RFE as I do not know what is needed in it.
If the manual says it needs ATF+4 then the Amsoil Universal ATF
should be sufficient by itself.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 CC Dakota, 5.2L, 4x2, 44RE, 3.92SG, 4,075 lb (racing weight)
RW: 231.2 hp 340.0 torque PB: 14.313 95.05 mph