2k Brakes - PLEASE HELP - more info

From: TonyC (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 17:33:02 EST

Well I went to the dealer to see what they had for brake pads. We looked at
the premium pads, which are their warranty or factory, as opposed to the
cheaper replacement pads. The 2K pads they have do not have the pad locator
spring on the back of the pad, and the pads for the 99 have it, but it is
only to one side. The factory installed (never been changed) pads on the
truck have this pad locator spring going to BOTH the front and back. The
spring locator that is giving me fits, is rivited to the outboard pad, and
then presses against the caliper mounting pad that is attached to the
spindle (not the caliper itself).

Can anyone with a late 99 or early 2K let me know which I have? The
manufacture date of the truck is Jan 2000, with an MDH of 011920 (Jan 19
hour 20?).

Thanks again.
TonyC