RE: 318 motor parts

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 01:01:41 EST

Mopar.

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET] On Behalf Of Geoff
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 11:36 PM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: DML: 318 motor parts

Hey, I cracked the Upper distributor bushing when I was cleaning my
distributor a few days ago. It's the nylon piece of crap at the top of
the shaft and the parts dude says I cant buy one. I work there (for a
dealer)
so they wouldn't shit me about it. Can I buy an MSD or accelel
distributor and still pass emissions or do I have to get a Mopar one?

    I'm also looking for an aftermarket intake manifold, because the
stock one looks so restrictive. I can't believe you can get much power
of of that. What is available without too much modification?

Thanks,
Geoff

btw my truck is a 95 dak that i'm converting v6-v8