Roadmaster Opinions, I Got Stuck Today, And Some Bad News.......

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 21:55:01 EST

Hehehe, it was fun, I got cocky today, I had to find out how good these
new tires were, so I went out where no other stock truck was, and I got
stuck only because I stopped, then sunk to the door. Once I was pulled
out, I just powered my way back out to firm ground. The guy who pulled
me out (big Jeep w/ Boggers) didn't think I would make it across, but he
was impressed when I just powered my way out :)
  The Roadmaster really helped when moving over bumpy roads, the rear
end wasn't hopping around, and on the road, it really flattened out the
corners!!
  My buddy Rob who is on here sometimes (ss454454) was going to come
winch me out of the mud (he got stuck as well about 200' from me trying
to get to me), but somehow, he managed to literally break his whole
front axle!! It snapped right at the mount bolts and the whole thing
just fell to the ground!!! Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't
there a recall out on this?? He told me he took it to the dealer when he
got a letter from DC but can't remember what they did. His is a 2k CC
4x4. Needless to say, he ain't happy. He went home on a flatbed.

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Dak Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver Aka the "Silver
Streak"!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, HAS 410hp at the crank, Will be Intense Blue
next month!!

See the Silver Streak and Project Olds here!!
www.dodgetruckonline.com/ed.htm