Re: Synthetic in the 45rfe Multispeed

From: Chris Rininger (crininger@rlstark.com)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 09:41:33 EST

I agree with you, that the tranny with the cooler runs cold for awhile in winter
weather, as I have the same rpm's around 50mph. Simply due to the converter not
locking up.

That doesn't bother me. Its the slap into second and even third that
occasionally happens when this tranny is cold. When i leave in the morning, I
have a slight down hill once I turn out of my driveway. When its cold, I give
it very little gas as I'm just trying to get up to 20mph. as the rpm's build to
approx. 2000 - 2500 (remember she is cold and doesn't want to shift into a
higher gear unless absolutely needed) it shifts into second with a slap.

I don't think that its is a really big deal, but just annoys me a little and I
don't want to damage this tranny! I need it to be there when I put my foot in
it! ;-)

None the less, if anybody does change to the Amsoil, please let me know. I've
only got 14,000 on my truck, so it might be awhile until I change it.

Thanks again!!