Brake Update

From: TonyC (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 19:16:17 EST

Well I went to Carquest like someone from the R/T mailing list had suggested
yesterday. They had both Semi Metallics and Ceramics. Their pad sets did
NOT have the locator spring either. I bought them anyway. $76. I then went
up the road to my friendly and helpful 5 Star dealer and had a conversation
with my tech advisor. He says that the spring is to help keep the pad from
walking in the caliper when you go from reverse to forward and vice versa.
Apparently, it prevents a clicking sound when the pads reposition. If thats
the only purpose, who cares. I will save the old set just in case I run
into problems though. Well it looks like the weekend task will be new pads
and the Powerslots that had been gathering dust while I tracked down the
pads.

TonyC