Re: doing a little whinning

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 22:24:08 EST

If you have 3.55`s in it right now,you should think
about having them put 3.92`s in there instead,if it`s
a 4X2. They hold up better. I`d consider the swap even
on a 4x4,really. There were problems with the "cut" of
the gears on 3.55`s. Steve P.
--- David Carmany <thebeast@knology.net> wrote:
> Excuse me if I vent a little. Welp had to take my
> truck in today for
> whinnning in the rearend. I had taken my truck in
> for the exact same
> issue 11 months and 22,000 miles ago. All my
> bearings in my rearend have
> failed AGAIN! I do no hauling and havent gone
> offroading in 50,000
> miles. I talked to the service manager and he was
> like most places give
> a warranty of 1 year or 12,000 miles. I say thats
> all fine and great but
> the rearend never made it to its first service! His
> response is again
> most places give 1 year or 12000 mile warranty. I am
> getting very upset
> at this point (I had this repair done at 38000 miles
> at a different
> dealership in atlanta and they got DC to foot the
> bill for the parts.).
> I say, so it is normal for a car/truck to have 3
> rearend bearing
> failiures by the time you hit 60,000 miles. He
> goes welp I cant do
> anything about it beside fix it for $685. there is
> a lot more to the
> story but I am hoping to get in contact with the DC
> regional manager.
> Because of stuff like this I dont beleive I can buy
> another
> Dodge/Chrysler product.

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.