doing a little whinning

From: David Carmany (thebeast@knology.net)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 08:18:44 EST

Excuse me if I vent a little. Welp had to take my truck in today for
whinnning in the rearend. I had taken my truck in for the exact same
issue 11 months and 22,000 miles ago. All my bearings in my rearend have
failed AGAIN! I do no hauling and havent gone offroading in 50,000
miles. I talked to the service manager and he was like most places give
a warranty of 1 year or 12,000 miles. I say thats all fine and great but
the rearend never made it to its first service! His response is again
most places give 1 year or 12000 mile warranty. I am getting very upset
at this point (I had this repair done at 38000 miles at a different
dealership in atlanta and they got DC to foot the bill for the parts.).
I say, so it is normal for a car/truck to have 3 rearend bearing
failiures by the time you hit 60,000 miles. He goes welp I cant do
anything about it beside fix it for $685. there is a lot more to the
story but I am hoping to get in contact with the DC regional manager.
Because of stuff like this I dont beleive I can buy another
Dodge/Chrysler product.