2001 dash fan control switch,questions.....

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 22:59:57 EST

Hey! The first two fan switch settings do not seem to
cause my fan (blower) to operate. Only the highest two
positions work (high speed and ludicrous speed). I`m
thinking the problem must have started when they
replaced my stereo under warranty,and I just have not
noticed it in the last three or four weeks. (I usually
run the fan on higher speeds anyway,to keep the
windshield defogged). But there is no audible sound of
air on the two lower speeds,and you can`t feel it
either. Don`t they use just one connector on the back
of the fan switch? How could anything be disconnected?
I`m fairly sure the switch is good,because you can
normally get a bad switch to intermit by wiggling or
pushing in on it. I guess they could have broken part
of it or something,when they went to disconnect it.
Any ideas about this problem? I`m going to tackle it
myself. No sense in taking it in for something this
minor. At least I know how to be careful with stuff!
Steve P.
             P.S. Here`s a new joke for ya: "I`d
like for you to meet my girlfriend,she`s from one of
the largest cities in Maine." "Bangor?" "No,not
yet!" :)

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.