31x10.5 tires on a 2000 SLT club cab 4x2?

From: Rob McCready (beyondrob@cowpoly.net)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 23:18:06 EST

I currently have the original 255/65/R15 Goodyear Eagle LS tires (tire and
handling package 8" rim width) on my truck. The truck is entirely stock. The
tires are at the replacement point. What I would like to do is replace them with
31x10.5's. I know they will fit while the truck is just sitting there, but can
anyone tell me if I would have any problems rubbing on tight turns, over bumps
or with a load in the bed?

Also (if they will fit) can anyone recommend a good all purpose 31x10.5 tire?
Consumer Reports gave their highest marks to the Dayton Timberline A/T's, but I
am unfamilier with them. I mainly drive on paved roads with some dirt roads, no
real off-roading.

Thanks,

Rob.