Re: Re: Was there any real problems with the 97 Dakotas?

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 02:59:56 EST

I have a 97 4x4 sport with the 3.9 so far I've had the following problems:

belly pan gasket prob (notorious ping)
timing chain tensioner problem (sounded like a diesel)
broken exhause manifold bolts (what a pain in my arse)
crazy brake rotor wear
torn cv boot thingy on the front left side...

more recently, I've noticed subtle clicks and pops when driving and hitting
bumps and what not... to tell you the honest truth, stuff like that drives
me nutty.

I'd have to say even with all that, I'm pretty satisfied, there seem to be
simple things dodge should have forseen, but what gives you know?

btw, if anyone has ideas about dash and door stuff clicking and rattling and
popping when I hit bumps, lemme know

Wes