Painting question

From: Kevin Reimer (kwreimer@msn.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 21:13:52 EST

I am thinking of painting my front spoiler off the Dak, it is the grey
plastic one..I want to paint it white, color of my truck, when I remove it I
should wet sand it for primer & paint, but will it be ok to just use regular
paint or do i need to have the flex additive added to the paint? Do you
understand my question, Some vehicles with plastic or rubber parts usually
get the flex additive mixed into paint so it is flexible if some damage
occurs, if i dont do this step, will my paint job chip off alot? Has
anybody on this site painted theres?? Thanx.