Re: Painting question

From: Hemikota (hemikota@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 18:21:46 EST

Kevin,
You should take the spoiler off, clean it well with wax and grease remover.
Lightly sand the surface with some 320 grit paper. Clean it again with wax
and grease remover. Apply a flexible adhesion promoter ( I sell klean strip
PTPO-123 "bulldog" adhesion promoter). This acts as a flexible primer. Then
apply your paint with flex additive for that type of paint.
If you are doing it in a single stage, you add the flex agent to the paint.
If you are doing base/clearcoat, you add the flex to the clear.
For PPG paints they are different agents, DX 369 is for the acrylic enamel,
DX 814 is for the urethane clearcoats or urethane single stage paint (DCC).
Are ya cornfused yet?
Boog