RE: new msd product

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 08:17:28 EST

    My thinking is that the only advantage to the MSD would be. Is if the
injectors use enough fuel to cause the pressure to drop below the regulated
factory setting due to volume consumed. Dodge does not use a return line
regulator but regulated pressure at the pump within the tank. This means that
the MSD is going to add volume of fuel pumped, not pressure. The only time
you would gain anything is if your injectors consumption out strip the OEM
fuel pump output.
' My 4.7L has 8 30# injectors + 2 50# aux. injectors and I only see a 2
pound drop in pressure at full throttle. That's 340lbs/hr. or 5.6lbs/Min.
    I agree with Tom, you are at a point of putting the pump into hyperstress
mode. I personally would not want to smoke test a gasoline submerged fuel
pump. Bill

SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM> KB SuperCharged, 4.7L, 2001, QC,
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01">the "DAK",</A> <A
HREF="http://SouthernMopar.org">Southern Mopar</A>