Re: DML left out of owner groups mentioned in Dodge Magazine

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 10:35:12 EST

A few factors at work here.

#1 - The DOC is *extremely* visible with Dodge - they've organized two plant
tours of the Durango assembly plant in Newark, DE (2001 and 2000), among other
things.

#2 - The DML isn't an official "club."
#2a - We're not quite as organized as those other organizations.

#3 - I don't know which way the communication would have gone to get into the
magazine. Did Dodge contact the clubs, or did the clubs contact Dodge? Who
would Dodge have contacted for the DML?

#4 - I think they were trying to get a cross-section of club "types." The DOC
is family-oriented, the Dak R/T & Viper clubs performance & racing, etc. The
DML is the ultimate cross-section, as we've got people from all areas here. I
think it would have been cool to see a picture of Dakota's lifted 4x4 parked
next to Bob or Chuck's dropped 2wds.

#5 - We haven't done any large events visible to non-enthusiasts. The SoCal
DOC does a HUGE Toys for Tots drive every year, for example.

But, I'd love to see the DML get into the mag. I'm trying to find out what the
DOC did to get in (answer your ICQ, Dad!). Maybe we could put together a
scrapbook of meet reports & Dak experiences, put it on CD-Rom, and send it to
Dodge.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com