Re: when is OBD-III coming...

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 06:49:02 EST

For more info on what might be included in OBDIII - check out the following
link:

http://www.sts.sae.org/membersonly/techinfo/servicetech/onboard-21-22.pdf

I told you guys about this over a year ago - remember the discussions about
your vehicles computer transmitting emissions data to "smog dogs" and when
out of spec - you could be pinned down? Most people didn't believe me.
Read em and weep boys - this is why I've been working on my own PCM for the
last 4 or 5 years. Hope to have MY PCM running by end of 2002. Will be
running a home-built MegaSquirt + MSD (totally replacing the factory PCM)
by end of Feb.

Latr,

Shane