Re: 46RE Question

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 16:16:32 EST

I had two 46RE's do the same thing. It only gets worse until the tranny is
unusable/dangerous. Both of them had the governor pressure solenoid/sensor
changed (helped initially on the first one), and then the valve body, then the
torque convertor. Problem was still there on both of them. $2200 later (new
rebuilt or recon. trans) and problem was solved. The governor pressure
solenoid/sensor change is pretty simple. Almost as simple as changing the tranny
fluid filter. Read the FSM for the procedure. It wouldn't hurt to try. The
dealership parts dept. cost for me (for the solenoid/sensor alone) was $35 back a
few years ago.

Good Luck,

Shane