buffer questions... (how to ?? / help please ?!?)

From: Eric Giblock (egiblock@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 23:43:20 EST

ok.. first things first.. an orbital buffer is one that vibrates and not
spins ?? correct ???

just a few q's here....

1. i currently use a foam applicator to put the wax on my truck, and then
use my orbital buffer (big vibrator) to buff off the wax and stuff. i
believe the cloth i have on the buffer is cotton but doesn't feel like the
ones that i just bought in the store...

i looked on the side of the box for the cloths and it said use the foam for
applying the wax, you could also use the cotton ones to apply or remove wax,
and the wool ones to use if you are using more of a rubbing compound on the
surface....

my main thing is that the cotton cloths that i just got seem so harsh for
the paint, they just feel really bad for it, i haven't tried.. im just
wondering if this is good to use on removing the wax, or what should i do
????

in one sentance, i guess im just asking whats the best way to wax your car
using a orbital buffer.. and are there any advantages to using ones that
spinds in a circle ??

thanks guys (and gals if any)

--
Eric Giblock