Re: Re: Hyper Speed Controller

From: Tom Slick North (prodog@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 11:00:51 EST

Shane,

> > think about the standard
> > deviation allowable by the computer... a mass-produced computer...
>
> Computers only do 1s and 0s and NO they don't deviate from that.

Computers do look at a range... if the computer sees the 02 sensor withing a
certain range, it makes no adjustment for it, only when the O2 sensor goes
above or below that range, does the conputer react to that sensors value. O2
sensors are designed to by accurate within a certain standard deviation...in
other words they are not perfect(nothing is perfect, not even the PCM's)...

> > Why don't you put any stock into dyno charts? Dynos are just as
reliable
> > and accurate (if not better) as the emissions testing equipment at
> > inspection stations.
>
> 5 dyno runs can provide 5 different sets of data w/back to back tests
using the
> same vehicle. Thats why I don't put much stock in them - too many
variables.

Less number of variables as your testing.... actually dyno testing would
give you more credible, comparable results, because a dyno offers fewer
variables than real world conditions, ideal for testing and comparison( you
should know that one, Mr. Engineer). As far as the 5 dyno runs providing 5
sets of data... you run 5 tests, and you get 5 sets of data.... both
methods are accurate to a degree...but neither is perfect. As for testing
and comparison of small changes, dyno testing would actually be more
accurate... do the research on that one (it's just basic scientific
theory)...

>All closed-loop situtations (if functioning properly) will AVERAGE in the
long
>run to be almost exactly what they are trying to achieve. It's only been
that
>way for over 50 years. Do some reading on control circuits. I have a
degree
>from an accredited Engineering school in just that - do you?

you say average.. we are looking at actuall readings, not averages... And
yes, I do have a degree form an accredited engineering school.... :-)

over 50 years? I didn't know that electronic (not mechanical) fuel
injection has been around that long....

So, if the PCMs are so accurate and functiuon SOOOO well (according to you),
Why is it that so many Dakotas have catalytic convertors that go bad so
soon? The number one cause of catalytic convertor failure is due to
improper fuel mixture.... How about it Mr. Expert?

Later,
Tom "Slick" North
96 Dodge Dakota 5.2L RC
71 Chevelle Malibu 350