Re: Hyper Speed Controller

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 06:40:11 EST

Tom Slick North wrote:

> is "snake oil" the best technical term you can come up with?

It fits this situation best - yes.

> don't knock something that you apparently don't have a good enough
> understanding of...

It does only connect into the O2 sensor right? I think I've proved many times
that I might know a little about that circuit. Read the archives.

> And remember, we are talking real world... where manufacturing leaves room
> for error...

Real world is about actual data not theoretical. My assertions are based on my
testing and the testing of the SAE. Until I see otherwise, I'll believe that.

> no vehicle will run at a perfect 14.7....

All closed-loop situtations (if functioning properly) will AVERAGE in the long
run to be almost exactly what they are trying to achieve. It's only been that
way for over 50 years. Do some reading on control circuits. I have a degree
from an accredited Engineering school in just that - do you?

> think about the standard
> deviation allowable by the computer... a mass-produced computer...

Computers only do 1s and 0s and NO they don't deviate from that.

> Why don't you put any stock into dyno charts? Dynos are just as reliable
> and accurate (if not better) as the emissions testing equipment at
> inspection stations.

5 dyno runs can provide 5 different sets of data w/back to back tests using the
same vehicle. Thats why I don't put much stock in them - too many variables.

> Dynos show real world numbers...

That is funny. It appears I'm wasting my time.

Latr,

Shane