RE: defense for "defective exhaust" citation

From: Esler, Joel SGT (joel.esler@us.army.mil)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 06:59:30 EST

Sure, get your local mechanic to write you a note of some type that says
your exhaust is functioning properly, and was at the time of the ticket. I
mean if the Cop wrote Defective... it's doesn't mean that it's loud, the
cop is saying that it doesn't work. Prove that is was working, and you will
beat the ticket.