defense for "defective exhaust" citation

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 02:45:43 EST

Hey all,

    Does anyone know if I have a leg to stand on in court? I just got a
ticket for "defective exhaust" because of my gibson 3" and headers. The
officer said he noticed my "loud" exhaust. anyone know how I'd find out the
legal db limit for exhaust noise in Ohio?
  It isnt leaking or anything its just naturally loud but I didn't think it
was illegal. It certainly is not defective, it works perfectly.

John S