Re: defense for "defective exhaust" citation

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 15:27:23 EST

In Texas any exhaust that does not leak or fail to contain necessary emission
equipment is not "defective". Any city may pass a "noise ordinance" that a
extra loud" exhaust might violate though. If you have veichle inspection in
your state, an inspection station will have the copy of the state law regarding
exhaust system.