Re: Re: Body Lift for 2k Dak?

From: Kevin DeGarmo (blizzzzard69@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 20:56:44 EST

>I think Blizzard is Kevin DeGarmo (who replied earlier).

Thanks guys! Yeah, that's me!

And, from where I sit, the body lift is the only reasonable option us 2000+
Dak guys have right now. Only two manufacturers that I have heard of are
currently making susp lifts for our trucks. One being Whiplash ... of which
I've heard nothing good of. The other is the new setup that DakUSA has
initiated with TruckinSuspension. Whiplash has a 12" lift for around $2,600
(so I'm told) and the DakUSA project is a 4-6" kit that we're "guessing"
will run close to $2k. Tack on shocks and what not ... youcan add a couple
more bills.

I keep hoping that Rancho, Superlift, and some of the other "big names" will
take notice of us and bring their ideas to the table ... hopefully with a
more reasonable pricetag. Both Rancho and Superlift have stated "yes, we're
working on one" and "no, there are no plans to make one" ... depends on who
you talk to and what mood they're in, I guess.

So aside from selling the Dak and buying his big brother 2001 Ram with
straight axle ... my body lift will have to do for the time being!