Re: The 'ol 318 gave up under boost last night... :(

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 08:14:46 EST

Tim,
    Sounds like the ol' 318 finally got tired of being blown and said I
quit. I feel for you, that's like loosing an ol' friend. Sounds to me like
you dropped a rod from the clanking you described. Piston may have gone below
the cyl. bore and the crank ate it. This would leave a nice size path for oil
to go to the exhaust, also would blow crankcase fumes out the breather
especially with any blower pressure.
    Start looking for a short block. Bill

SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM> KB SuperCharged, 4.7L, 2001, QC,
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01">the "DAK",</A> <A