Re: RE: Re: Senate Bill could hurt DML'ers

From: Steve (jsm357@mountain.net)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 17:31:54 EST

> Feds would be violating your state rights if they do.

And we know they would never do that don't we? Department of Education
comes to mind as a minor violation of states rights. But then I'm just
a poor ol' country boy that don't know nutin.

I believe the way the program is to be implemented is that if the
individual states want to qualify for certain payouts from the feds
they HAVE to scrap any vehicle over 15 years old period. Of course it
is "voluntary" by the states it's just that they won't qualify for the
payout if they don't "volunteer." <BG>

> Another issue, that the feds have no jurisdiction on your car.

Gee, wonder where all those emission programs came from? <g>

--
Steve