re:popping noise from front...(what do I need to fix it...not crappy dodge stuff)

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 11:21:07 EST

I guesss no new suspension parts lately? Last year I got new tie rod ends
(do not know the brand ) installed and the front end on my '95 CC popped
for a while. I re-greased all fittings and it went away.

But recently, I started getting another clunk/pop in the front end.. Most
noticable when I stopped and the front end moved up/down.
I took out the intermediate steering shaft checked it and put it back in.
The clunk went away - go figure. Try it.
I think a non mopar steering shaft with needle bearings is about $250, a
mopar one was around $230

Victor Williams / Ga
'95 DAK CC Sport,5.2L,5sp,Jacobs ign,Jardine catback, 211k miles+