Re: Re: Mopar Performance Distrubutor vs. PCM

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 01:07:31 EST

: "Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:
:>
:> Uhhhh...why are you releasing the BOM, PCB Schematics, and NetList?
:>
:Shane Moseley <smoseley@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
: It's not mine - fruits of Bruce Bowling and Al Grippo's labor. Come join
: the party! Oh wait - the initial group buy is over. We are testing out the
: initial design to get any kinks worked out before the next design mods.
: Everyone's opinions/results will influence the next design and then onto the
: next group buy for that design, another test/review step, redesign, group
: buy, test/review, etc.

  Personally, I find it extremely refreshing to find other folks out
there who don't kneel at the altar of the almighty buck. The sharing
of knowledge and information for the purpose of achieving a greater
goal - its beautiful. Too many potentially good things have been
screwed up by the greed motivated "proprietary" mindset. (Heh -
don't even get me started on software patents!) ;-)

  Shane, thanks for the heads-up on the Megasquirt; looks pretty cool!
I've been thinking about creating a simple EFI system based on the
Microchip PIC series of microcontrollers, but it'd probably cost me
four times the amount of this sytem on the R&D alone! :-) I've been
toying with the idea of converting the dual carb Intruder 1400 to EFI
someday; I've just signed on to the mailing list; I'm planning to
hang out there and see how adaptable it might be to a motorcycle
application. Packaging and space constraints will be the key
there... :-)

  PS: What are you planning to test your Megasquirt on, Shane? The
Challenger?

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'