Valve cover 3.9l

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 17:10:46 EST

Ok, DML,
I need a few pointers (one acually). I pulled the air hat & the homebrew
intake off , to replace the K&N filter & I noticed some oil on the left
(passenger) side valve cover, where the hose from the air hat connects.
Before I went in & checked the FSM, I yanked the hose, 90 deg elbow & the
grommet out of the valve
cover. Got everything cleaned up & ready to put back & I can't get the dang
grommet back in the valve cover! It's in the lower 40s outside so everything
is a little cold...
Can I safely throw the elbow & grommet assy into a plastic cup of water & &
throw everything into the microwave & nuke it til the water boils - in order
to soften the grommet up? Or would it be just as easy to remove the valve
cover & bring it in the house & heat THAT with a blowdryer in order to
expand the hole? I don't wanna damage anything....
HAYELP!

Bob Smith (Daksy2K on AIM)
DML/DML
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4
(1 of 980 2K DAKSYs mfrd)
For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

(ps, we're still working on it...
Susan on the page; me on the DAKSY! )