Re: RE: RE: pull codes without a code scanner??

From: KenCo (kenco.fish@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 12:27:47 EST

"William H. Hiatt III" wrote:

> Don't know what year you have, but on I believe it's the 98+'s you can
> pull the codes from the PCM by doing the following:
>
> 1) Put the Key in the ignition
> 2) Turn the key to the "Run" position (The one right below start)
> 3) Move back to the "On" Position
> 4) Turn the key to the "Run position
> 5) Move back to the "On" position
> 6) Turn the key to the "Run position
> 7) Move back to the "On" position
>
> The codes will appear in the odometer, flashing the codes, one by one,
> and then it will flash "P DONE" when you've reached the end of the
> codes.
>
> There are ways to do it on older trucks (I may be wrong), but somebody
> else will have to pipe in and give you a hand on that one!
>
> Thanks
> william

same key sequence but you count the blinks on the
check engine light.

after check the "5 and 5 lights" means done

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold, 401-781-9642

make a no-cost donation to save the rain forrests here http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=981743017

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.