Re: tune-up info

From: TonyC (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 17:06:40 EST

Idle Air Controller - it creates a controlled vacuum leak to keep a steady
idle. It's controlled by the PCM (power control module). It is located on
the back side of the TB. To remove it, disconnect the electrical
connection, and use a Torx driver to remove the 2 screws. You can clean it
with TB or Brake cleaner. Do NOT twist the plunger or you will ruin the
little bugger.

They get carboned up every so often, which leads to erratic idle quality.
It's not a bad idea to clean it whenever you change plugs.
TonyC