Re: Engine Knocking Already

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 14:30:15 EDT

JP,

I know this sounds silly, but are you running any kind of performance
modifications? I noticed on my 97 v6 dak, that if I have *ANYTHING* out of
the ordinary on it, it runs like shit, pings/knocks etc... I even had to go
so far as run like 3 tanks of 87 to get rid of all the 89 and 92... and it
runs like a charm. Stuff that caused it to ping? Intake, relocation of that
sensor, 92 octane gas, any sort of gas additives

wes