Re: Engine Knocking Already

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 14:30:06 EDT

Jonathan,
    I would get the tank under 1/4 tankful and fill up with 89 and give it a
try. It will probably still knock for the first 50 miles til you get the 87
out of the fuel lines. If that stops it, bite the bullet and just run 89.
DON'T let the dealer flash your computer to stop the knock, if you do you'll
think they just put a 4 cyl. under the hood. You'll loose a lot of power if
they retard the spark by flashing it.
    I just bite the bullet and buy 93+ and it hurts but what can you do if
you want it to run right. Bill

SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM> KB SuperCharged, 4.7L, 2001, QC,
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01">the "DAK",</A> <A
HREF="http://www.southernmopar.org/index.shtml">SouthernMopar</A>