Re: RE: Carpet Alternitive

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 12:37:28 EDT

Gary,

I want to do something like that myself when it comes time to replace the carpet in my truck. I want to Herculiner the floor and back wall of my extended cab, and then cover that with stock replacement rubber mats that an optionless dakota would come with. I've ridden in an F150 that had the cab Line-X sprayed under the stock rubber mats, and it is QUIETER than the carpet, as well as easier to clean, longer lasting than any carpet, and more suited to my personal tastes.

If you end up going this route, let us know how it goes (pictures too :)

Good luck,
Mike S.