Re: shifterknob removal ?

From: ron chapell (rchapell@rlps.com)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 09:33:04 EDT

Ok then, it came with a universal kit that had different size threads and
stuff. I don't know, maybe it won't work. But anyways. I took the center cap
off. I can see the nut. Over the nut on the stud is a threaded round sleeve
that may or my not be part of the nut. I can turn the nut very little, Both
ways, until it binds. This is why i am thinking this round sleeve isn't part
of the nut. I am totally dumbfounded. Can you confirm the reverse thread at
least?

Ron