Odd Bolt Size - Air Box

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Sat May 18 2002 - 08:58:50 EDT

I had to pull the stock airbox off my motor yesterday, the part that connects
to the throttle body. I pulled the accordion hose off first. Then I went to
remove the two bolts that hold it to the manifold. None of my sockets would
fit. I tried 3/8, it was too small. I tried 7/16, it was too big. I tried
metrics from 9mm up to 12mm and nothing fit, either too big. The top of the
bolt read "9.8" and I think that's the size, 9.8mm. I ended up using an
adjustable on one side and I had it set to a little less than 10mm. The
other side I had to use pliers because I couldn't get the wrench in there.

Are you supposed to get some sort of tool from Miller SPX just to pull the
air hat off?

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com

2002 QC 4x4, SLT+, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92'sw/LSD, Airaid, MBRP Super Single,
Exhaust, Hurst T-Handle, BFG A/T's, IAS Shocks, 180 T-Stat, Jet Chip - Stage
II