Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Electric Fan Woes

From: TonyC (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jun 01 2002 - 15:31:57 EDT

The fan assy (fan and shroud) are 4" deep. BUT, the front of the fan motor
extends forward of the shroud about 1/4". So you really need about 4 1/2
inches clearance. I used a pair of the top rubber radiator isolators cut in
half (where it slides into the stock fan) as standoffs. I used a set of the
plastic auxilliary coolers straps to mount it through the radiator.

You could always cut the shroud, and mount the fan off center to clear the
waterpump if you needed to.

HTH
TonyC