Re: Re: Oil pressure...

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 15:17:16 EDT

Don't the instruction tell you where to tap it into? If not, you can
probably locate and remove the stock sending unit. If I read your post
correctly you got a new sender with the new gauge. You should be able to
install the new sender in the stock one place and route the oil pressure
feed line to the new gauge. Might have to double check me on this since its
been a while since I added any aftermarket gauges to any of my vehicles.
Also, I believe you might want to put some teflon tape on the threads of
the new sending unit before you thread it into the block. Two times around
going in the direction of the threads should be enough to prevent any
leaks. Good Luck!

Ray
Dover, DE